List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Diagonal gradient support now in KPixmap
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-07-12 23:59:46

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Mosfet wrote:
> >On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> >> On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Mosfet wrote:
> >>

> >Oh! *thwack*!
> >
> >/me just got home from a meeting that sucked my rather meager communication
> >skills and am no longer comprehending language very well ;-) I thought he was
> >saying there was two diagonals being drawn. Silly me, I misread his email.
> >Sorry Antonio!
> >
> >Can't see why we couldn't do that, just decrement X instead of increment it.
>
> Yes :-) BTW: Where is this code for the gradients now? Is it in KPixmap. If it
> would support radial and rectengular gradients too, I could use it in
> KPresenter instead of my (rather bad and slow) gradient code.

I was just thinking of attempting some nice new (as in not inspired from
anywhere but most surely reinventing the wheel :-) algorithms for all
sorts of gradients, based on slick Mosfet idea about scanline iterations
and on BB's excellent quality result-generating matrix superposition.

OK, I think I'll attempt some.

Cristian