List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Changes to DialogBase and KAboutDialog
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-12 18:03:49

Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker@unibw-hamburg.de> wrote:

>> It can't be fixed at the moment...
> So the reason for it known?

of course, I already answered this question at least twice on
kde-devel.

> This is strange. What is it?

kwm (and Qt?) lacks support. Matthias Ettrich is working on getting a
standard done which all other WM developers will also accept and
implement.

The old way of painting qt widgets in the root window, which uses
krootwm, already was a nonstandard extension, he told me. It wasn't
possible to switch focus to it, that means using the keyboard to do the
navigating. The new solution should make that possible, but first some
agreement between WM developers needs to be made.

So it might take some time until this can be fixed in the "right way".

--
Dirk A. Mueller