List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Changes to DialogBase and KAboutDialog
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-12 17:58:38

Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker@unibw-hamburg.de> wrote:

>> But wouldn't it be more logical to put the i18n("Current
>> Maintainer")/i18n("Initial developer") calls into the lib rather than
>> adding it as an parameter to setAuthor()/setMaintainer() ?
> No, since the text is intended to be different from "Current
> maintainer".

then why is the method called "setMaintainter()" ? whats the difference
between setAuthor() and setMaintainter? They both create a small box
with some text in it. (I'm only looking at the test application, don't
know much about the internals).

> Why not allow the developers to choose their own text? It is easy to
> put it in as a kind of default text, of course, what would you (all)
> say?

that depends on how it was intended. imho there should be some very
default look&feel that fits into KDE style support and you only have to
add author/maintainer/description/version number and so on, the rest
(default text/default layout) is already given.

But there could be also an additional set of methods that allows more
tweaking the appearance. I currently wonder if it's possible to tweak
the layout a little bit ? a small but high dialog box doesn't look too
good (just my personal opinion).

--
Dirk A. Mueller