List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    cleaning up kdesupport for KDE 1(.1).2, KDE 2.0
From:       pbrown () redhat ! com
Date:       1999-07-12 16:24:30

I move that we clean a few libraries out of kdesupport for the next
releases of KDE.  Namely:

gdbm - this is a GPL library that cannot be used at all for commercial
application development, and I don't think any KDE applications are using
it.  If there is even just 1 application using it, it should distribute it
by itself, rather than encouraging its use.

jpeglib6a - is this still needed? If so, by what?

js - is this javascript library used / will it be used?  I know it isn't
right now, and there may be a better implementation anyway.

rdb - is this database in use either?

I take it that mimelib/uulib are still used by kmail/krn and friends.

Please feel free to comment on any of these, otherwise I'll wait about a
week and then clean it up.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.