List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    SuSE KDE Beta Testing Project started
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-07-08 16:30:39

The SuSE KDE Beta Testing Project has been started. Thanks to all
volunteers that have mailed me! For the moment we are enough
people. We will see how it works out and maybe increase the number of
testers later. SuSE will set up a mailing list that will be the
primary communication channel for all test related issues.

To avoid misunderstandings, here is a little description what this is
about. The SuSE KDE Beta Testing Project tries to make sure that the
KDE software is properly _integrated_ into the SuSE
distributions. Especially with the upcoming KDE 2 and KOffice software
things will become more complex than they have been in the past. In
the interest of KDE developers and SuSE we want to make sure that SuSE
users will have a pleasant KDE experience.

What this Project is not about:
- Beta testing KDE applications.
- Testing YaST or any other part of the SuSE distribution.

I will get in contact with the beta testers soon.

Chris