List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: sentry evaluation
From:       Albert Vaca Cintora <albertvaka () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-06-11 16:44:22

I didn't know we had Sentry! How can we get crash reports from KDE
Connect through it? That would be super useful. I've used Sentry in
the past for other projects and I see a big value in it.

Actually, in the case of the KDE Connect Android app, we already get
crash reports aggregated by popularity by default via the Play Store.
Same with the Windows version published in the Windows Store. It's
very useful to fix the most common crashes, and it would be great to
have something like that for Linux as well.

About the alternative of using bugzilla for crashes: We can't know how
common a crash is with the crashes that seldomly get uploaded to
bugzilla. So +1 for keeping Sentry.