List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: plasma-mediacenter in kdereview from extragear
From:       Bhushan Shah <bhush94 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-02-20 12:44:04

Hello,

Fixed in http://commits.kde.org/plasma-mediacenter/b17c88d0a7cc6499294e872f5217012e21ba3ac9

> - music and video icon are black on black

Discussed with Ken, Probably will need artwork or way to enforce icon theme

> - crashes, at times, probably a baloo issue, will discuss with vishesh
> - doesn't show any music or videos for me, probably a baloo issue

I will add some more debug messages for this, so maybe we can find out
whats going on wrong.

> - needs git plasma-workspace for login to work, cmake should tell me this

current plasma-workspace git version will be shipped with plasma 5.3
so I think this is fine when it will be released, also commit that
introduced this dep already mentions the required plasma-workspace
commit

commit 451eceffaf4a1c06e162dc629bb5fc945e40ae73
Author: Bhushan Shah <bhush94@gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Feb 17 22:50:08 2015 +0530

   Install session file for pmc

   For that session file to work it will require recent plasma-workspace
   with commit 77112d402e3c22311dd2d70f9d2b264d1465cf03

> - it uses qml bindings from qtmultimedia (from qt5) which uses gstreamer 0.10.  \
> gstreamer 0.10 is old and distros are dropping support for it, in Ubuntu we dropped \
> the libav plugin so it can't play many file formats.  maybe one day phonon will \
> have qml bindings.  it also leads to issues where some other part of Plasma uses \
> phonon which uses gstreamer 1.0 so it loads libraries with clashing symbols.  this \
> is all known and is mostly sad.

I can not do anything for it.. :-(

> - there's no user docs, I don't know if this is still a requirement for inclusion, \
> I don't think they get used much so I don't think it should be

We can add the user documents later on..
http://developer.kde.org/~cfeck/portingstatus.html also mentions about
that.

Thanks for your review

--