List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: plasma-mediacenter in kdereview from extragear
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2015-02-20 11:36:10

I took at look at this today and discussed at the Plasma sprint..

- possible legal issues with youtube icon, now fixed
- mockcpp pointer to obscure repository cmake message
- qtmultimedia needs a "this is needed at runtime" cmake message
- music and video icon are black on black
- crashes, at times, probably a baloo issue, will discuss with vishesh
- doesn't show any music or videos for me, probably a baloo issue
- needs git plasma-workspace for login to work, cmake should tell me this
- it uses qml bindings from qtmultimedia (from qt5) which uses gstreamer 0.10.  \
gstreamer 0.10 is old and distros are dropping support for it, in Ubuntu we dropped \
the libav plugin so it can't play many file formats.  maybe one day phonon will have \
qml bindings.  it also leads to issues where some other part of Plasma uses phonon \
which uses gstreamer 1.0 so it loads libraries with clashing symbols.  this is all \
                known and is mostly sad.
- there's no user docs, I don't know if this is still a requirement for inclusion, I \
don't think they get used much so I don't think it should be

licencing looks all good

I look forward to including this in Plasma 5.3

Jonathan