List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Exposing KSSL in KIO
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2012-04-05 20:41:00

In KDE Telepathy one the tasks I'm currently doing is certificate
handling. We get the certificate from telepathy and have to prompt the
user if they want to accept an invalid certificate.
All the normal SSL work is done in this telepathy component shared by
gnome, but any user prompts have to go through us so we match our DE
and gnome can do their thing.

Looking at the documentation KIO has everything I need, namely
KSSLCertificate and KSSLCertDialog. Unfortunately the headers aren't
installed so that I can't use any of it. Even though I could duplicate
that code myself it would be nice to get a consistent interface.

Is this deliberate? If so, why?
Is there any way I can use it currently? (i.e can I just copy the
headers without getting in lots of trouble)
Could this be changed for Frameworks?

Dave