List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: seeking mentor. More columns in Dolphin,
From:       Aaron Peterson <myusualnickname () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-14 22:27:59

Sebastian,
I am reading up on nepomuk then...

If nepomuk is the metadata broker, a list from nepomuk would determine
what columns to make available, putting it into a selectable form that
gives selection and order options.   Mp3 information too, running
time, author, bitrate... would also be available.

Another question/ statement tho, Shouldn't meta data be visible in
icon view? It seems that an icon could have a few rows of text under
it with meta data, also would like thumbnail to not interfere with
file-type icon.

 Details in icon view could be really cool, and It looks like it might
be possible to create globs of files based on types, or a spacial tree
view of files, where the branches occur based on meta-data.  Perhaps
chunks of files with similar names, or types could be treated as a
glob.  the QT demos show a ridiculous number of tiles moving about
freely, rearranging and such. This would be a good base for this type
of view.

I suppose the files would be queried for content conditional on
meta-type. Windows has this feature and a folder with with 1000's of
images takes a while to populate. Also there is a bit of delay when
files are being created in a folder.