List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2010-02-21 19:04:19

On Sunday 21 February 2010, Dawit A wrote:

> > > Nonsense! Again, I have no idea what you base this on ? What
> > > integration are you saying will never be on equal footing ??!? Simply
> > > making blank statements does not make it so...
> >
> > It is a simple fact. The tradeoffs of some of the features that webkit
> > support contradicts the KDE integration. This is the natural consequence
> > of giving the web-page author more power. KHTML doesn't support these and
> > gets better KDE integration, webkit does and gets to give more
> > rich-application features to web-authors.
> >
> > Seriously calm down.
>
> I am very clam... Your response still does not make any sense at all. I
> just do not see how giving web-page authors more power equates to less
> integration with KDE ? I guess integration means something completely
> different to you than I. Anyhow, does not really matter...

It is control of widgets. KHTML uses native widgets, while webkit has gone the
path of firefox and made widgets out of html/css parts. These makes the
widgets controllable by the web-authors, but means they no longer look or
behave like KDE widgets. Some might be possible to fix, and integrate, but as
default, they don't.

`Allan