List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Removal of KPackage from the KDEAdmin module
From:       Thomas Olsen <tanghus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-11 13:24:32

On Friday 11 December 2009 13:04:21 George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> 2009/12/10 Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra@gmail.com>:
> > Hi everyone.
> > As far as I know KPackage is currently unmaintained and outdated and
> > it should be replaced by KPackageKit in some ways or by any other
> > distro tool. Is that right ? so far I haven't seen too much activity
> > in its code (besides some generic optimizations)
> > - Should we remove this application from the kdeadmin module ? (we are
> > still getting bug reports from this app, as people tries to use it...)
> > (BTW, Kubuntu is not distributing this app anymore)
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Regards
> >
> > Darío A. (bugs.kde.org)
>
> +1 for removing.
>
> Btw, this is not the only unmaintained and broken app....
> /me hides :P

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kiconedit/ should also be
removed. I'm the original author but haven't touched it for +10 years. Some
nice people have ported it to KDE4 but it's ugly and outdated and from the
time when and icon was an xpm with no more than 40 colors ;-)

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen