List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Removal of KPackage from the KDEAdmin module
From:       Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-10 15:51:03

Hi everyone.
As far as I know KPackage is currently unmaintained and outdated and
it should be replaced by KPackageKit in some ways or by any other
distro tool. Is that right ? so far I haven't seen too much activity
in its code (besides some generic optimizations)
- Should we remove this application from the kdeadmin module ? (we are
still getting bug reports from this app, as people tries to use it...)
(BTW, Kubuntu is not distributing this app anymore)

Thanks in advance
Regards

Darío A. (bugs.kde.org)