List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi
From:       Seb Ruiz <ruiz () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-11-12 9:44:43

2009/11/12 Tom Albers <toma@kde.org>:
> There are some elements in JIRA that I very much like and would welcome within KDE, \
> but I do consider it being closed source as a show stopper. Not particulary the \
> free as in free beer - I think a good bugtracker/development tool is worth some \
> money, but more the fact that we would not be able to modify its source code. It \
> would be nice and helpful if we would be able to change it, modify language files \
> if it has those or have the ability to add a reporting wizard - as we have \
> currently.

Understandable, Toma. A couple of points though: JIRA is fully
accessibly, which means being able to write plugins for all sorts of
things (including comprehensive reporting) [0]. JIRA comes already
with a number of translations and more can be added [1].

[0] https://plugins.atlassian.com/search/category/56
[1] http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Translating+JIRA

--
Seb Ruiz