List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdewebkit moved to kdereview
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-10-29 16:55:45

On October 29, 2009, Dawit A. wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 October 2009 10:07:55 Marco Martin wrote:

> > > Well if you mean are we going to provide a KDE re-implementaion of
> > > QGraphicsWebView, then there is no plan to do that at this point.
> >
> > nope, because we can't use a QWidget at all, too overhead for a thing
> > like that
>
> Unlike QWebView QGraphicsWebView inherits from QGraphicsWidget not
>  QWidget...

i think you're both saying the same thing. regardless, i think we really ought
to have a KGraphicsWebView subclass of QGrahpicsWebView that is an analog for
KWebView. this will make it easier to track changes in KWebKit. if you're cool
with that, i'd be happy to add such a thing to KWebKit. it would include the
same add-on features as in KWebView:

* consistent mouse button keyboard modifiers

* external content access control

in fact, i'd probably put all the logic for this in a share private class and
then have the private classes subclass from that. this would prevent code
duplication from creeping in over time.

would you be cool with that? (i'm already nearly done, hoping you'll say yes,
in fact ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se