List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdewebkit moved to kdereview
From:       Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-28 14:44:16

On Monday 26 October 2009 20:38:08 Dawit A. wrote:
> On Monday 26 October 2009 02:24:29 Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > [snipped]
> >
> > There seems to be missing convenience functions to get the kde network
> > access manager and plugin factory
>
> Ahem... I do not follow... There is already a
>  QWebPage::networkAccessManager() and  QWebPage::pluginFactory().
>
> KWebPluginFactory is a pure re-implementation of existing virtual member
> functions and does not provide any additional methods. For the network
>  access manager, if you invoked QWebPage::setNetworkAccessManager(...) with
>  an instance to a re-implementation, then you already have access to that
>  instance or you should simply use qobject_cast to down cast what is
>  returned by QWebPage::networkAccessManager....  So I fail to understand
>  what you mean here...

That's surely true, but as the KWebPage class is not intended to be used with
usual Qt AccessManager and PluginFactory, but with our implementations, I
think it's normal having the getter functions reimplemented.

I'd also like pointing out that a lot of people here is referring to this
library saying just "kwebkit".
I think this is a better name for it (and its eventual namespace) than
"kdewebkit". Just more KDE-ish. (change c-k: konqueror, konquest; prepend a k:
khtml, kmail)

--
Andrea Diamantini, adjam

rekonq project