List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Add thubnail support for Microsoft
From:       Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2009-09-14 20:06:34

Pali Rohár schrieb:

> > On 2009-09-14 16:05:40, David Faure wrote:
> >
> > > Converting a .ico to a .png can be done with Qt's .ico support, no?
> > > But since extracting icons from an .exe needs these icotools anyway, this \
> > > wouldn't allow dropping the dependency, it would just make the ico-to-png \
> > > conversion faster, I guess.
>
> Convert ico to png is in QImage bad. Qt only get first picture from ico file, but \
> ico file can have more pictures. Then first picture is 16x16 second 32x32, ... so \
> in Qt is still smallest icon (and 16x16 is very small).
There is an extended qt ico file handler in
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin/tools/png2ico/, so it may
be possible to use this code. [1]
> With program icotool, I can extract largest icon (it is implemented in this patch), \
> not only first.

If [1] is not usable or is currently too much work I suggest to add the
icotool to  the kdewin package
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin/tools/, which contains
already similar tools.

Regards