List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Licenses in kdelibs...
From:       Peter Antoniac <theSeinfeld () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-10-01 12:15:16

Hi,

I noticed that Frederik said (on kde-core-dev ML) that kdelibs license policy is to \
be LGPL. Still, looking at most of the debian packages containing kdelibs copyright \
notes I read:

"Unless something else is mentioned, the code files in this package are under GPL"

From:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/k/kde4libs/kde4libs_4.1.2-1/kdelibs5.copyright
 http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/k/kde4libs/kde4libs_4.1.2-0ubuntu1/kdelibs5.copyright

And it goes down to all the packages, like libplasma2...etc...
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/k/kdebase-workspace/kdebase-workspace_4.1.2-1/libplasma2.copyright
 http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/k/kdebase-workspace/kdebase-workspace_4.1.2-0ubuntu1/libplasma2.copyright

Is this correct? Do I miss something? Whom should I believe?

Thanks,
Peter
--
 Peter Antoniac, PhD