List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Policy on binary compatibility in kdesupport?
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?Tr=FCg?= <strueg () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2008-08-13 12:16:07

The problem is simple: I want to introduce transactions into Soprano. That
will break BC since it introduces new virtual methods.
Now normally I would go about this by releasing Soprano 3 and increasing the
lib version.
However, I don't know what the policy is here. Is this allowed at all? Or does
kdesupport need to stay binary compatible until KDE 5?

Cheers,
Sebastian