List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: WITH_PREFIX for kdemodules?
From:       Matthias Kretz <kretz () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-31 15:28:46

On Monday 29 October 2007, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Is there a technical reason (e.g. some tools expect this) to use 'lib'
> prefix for kde plugins?

I was chatting with dirk about this once and he convinced me that it's a nice
feature to have on Linux where it's possible to use the lib as plugin and
shared lib at the same time. E.g. applications like konsole that provide a
KPart and a shell. To save some startup time konsole on Linux could link to
it's part instead of dlopening it.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
MatthiasKretz@gmx.net, kretz@kde.org,
Matthias.Kretz@urz.uni-heidelberg.de