List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule clarifications
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-10-25 10:55:44

On 25.10.07 04:05:22, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> draging a rather large digital clock applet all around the desktop for 10-15s
> results in plasma taking .3% cpu, and x.org taking 5-8%. doing the same with
> a dolphin window of comparable size results in x.org taking 15% of my cpu.

Hmm, I find it rather strange that our experiences differ that much. I
wonder wether you've got any acceleration stuff activated on your
machine, like XRender, Composite - dunno what of that QGV uses. Here its
the Xorg nv driver with absolutely 0 acceleration stuff.

I guess I'll try the binary driver this weekend if I have some time and
see how things improve.

Andreas

--
Your lucky number is 3552664958674928.  Watch for it everywhere.