On 25.10.07 04:05:22, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > draging a rather large digital clock applet all around the desktop for 10-15s > results in plasma taking .3% cpu, and x.org taking 5-8%. doing the same with > a dolphin window of comparable size results in x.org taking 15% of my cpu. Hmm, I find it rather strange that our experiences differ that much. I wonder wether you've got any acceleration stuff activated on your machine, like XRender, Composite - dunno what of that QGV uses. Here its the Xorg nv driver with absolutely 0 acceleration stuff. I guess I'll try the binary driver this weekend if I have some time and see how things improve. Andreas -- Your lucky number is 3552664958674928. Watch for it everywhere.