List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Requesting feature freeze exemption for Gwenview
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-02 8:26:52

On Sunday 02 September 2007 01:13:57 Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Printing is just not "sexy". And once it works, somehow, nobody (new)
> touches
> it any more. For a long time. Until it becomes so painful again it
> turns into
> unbearable.

That there is zero documentation of the current codebase also doesn't
help.

I heard the kdeprint guys had some ideas how to go forward, but I have not
seen any emails or other documents to describe it, so the only thing I
could do is either spent 2 months reading their code and documenting by
guessing what it should do.  Or remove their code and start from scratch.

I always get soo sad from code that doesn't have api docs. :(
--
Thomas Zander