List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Installed sounds (no, really)
From:       pinheiro <nuno () oxygen-icons ! org>
Date:       2007-08-28 15:18:12

A Tuesday 28 August 2007 15:51:17, Jaison Lee escreveu:
> > personaly I would just prefer to make 2 themes, Oxygen and Classic, and
> > not mix them toguether, oxygen IMO is a coerent sound theme, that should
> > not be mixed with olders sounds...
>
> OMG you need to Iet it go. Instead of removing everything non-Oxygen
> you are now suggesting that should it come down to it we should ship
> two virtually identical sounds just so that one or two precious Oxygen
> sounds are not subjected to the vile ear of a user who enjoys the
> classic tones. And here I thought I was being all compromising by
> taking the time to prune things out to make you feel better. I
> honestly don't even know how to communicate with you. Luckily, the
> likelihood of duplication was always fairly small, so you probably
> don't need to worry about the dulcet lilting tones of Oxygen being
> blendered into All Else That Sucks.

I never said that it sucks i just said its not coerent, its a diferent thing,
depoing corent artwork is important imo, evedently you dont seeam to agrea.
Now the question is what are we going to do?
Are the artists just mere interesting figures that kinda are in kde, or are
they intitled to have a strong word on this kinda of subjects? Im my personal
opinion this is a art/marketing decision.
What do you think? Hell what does everybody think about this im geting tired
of feeling deep untrust toards the Oxygen artist.

--

core oxygen icon designer