List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: KSplash in KDE4
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-12 19:53:15

Tom Albers wrote:
>Op ma 12 mar 2007 19:54 schreef u:
>> Tom Albers wrote:
>> >Please move it to /tags/unmaintained/[3|4]/ as we agreed on
>> > earlier...
>>
>> We didn't agree on that. We had a discussion that seemingly simply
>> died.
>
>Right, with no better solution then the original suggestion...

There's a difference between a mail thread dying out and there being no
further comments.

>> Someone has to conclude it.
>> Placing it on the techbase website does not make it official.
>
>I placed a RFC, received comments, incorporated them, mailed the final
> version, received no objections and placed it on techbase. If we can
> not make a descision based on such a process, I'm not sure we are able
> to make any at all.

Hmm... ok, then it seems I am not remembering things correctly. I don't
remember the final version. That might be why you didn't get no
objections from me either...

So, I think you did the right thing... except that:

>> I still have objections on the [3|4] part. Not to mention
>> that /tags/unmaintained does not exist and only the sysadmins can
>> create it. So, there's no policy yet.
>
>I have serious problems with this mail.

You forgot to ask sysadmins to create /tags/unmaintained. Unless they do,
the policy is useless since no one can uphold it.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358