List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs coding style
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-13 19:41:12

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 20:25, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Naturally. See http://developer.kde.org/policies/commitpolicy.html#20:
> "Don't mix formatting changes with code changes."

Since they obscure the functional change with non-functional change.

> So the question is, do you see people checking in formatting changes? :-)
> (I am going to guess that since you are complaining, the answer is still
> "no".)

I do them when I spot stuff. KMail (which needs lots of functional love as
well) has developed spotty indentation as well and although the official
KMail coding style gives me MUMPS, I do follow up functional changes with
layout fixes when possible.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/