List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Integration of libKMetaData into kdelibs
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-12-18 19:49:07

On Monday 18 December 2006 10:24, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Any plan on supporting exif and xmp ?

i believe that's handled by category 1 type metadata, as defined in
Sebastian's email. and so as he moves to the "next steps" part (read the last
paragraph of his email) then the answer would likely become "as long as there
is a plugin for it".

> And anything on the gui side, like an editor of the metadata ?

we already have that in kfilemetainfo for files, so i expect that would get
kept.

as for other metadata, i would hope so. those can be added relatively easily
once the underlying framework is in place though. Sebastian can of course
comment on his plans, but even if they aren't in his plans, they would
certainly be in ours (where "our" == "KDE")

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se