List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-09-28 14:12:48

On Thursday 28 September 2006 16:07, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Both at the kdegames BOF and kdeedu BOF there was discussion about if
> programs created enterely in Ruby/Python/etc are going to be allowed to be
> in main modules of kde for KDE 4.
>
> No one found any policy against it but no one found a policy for it neither
> so we are somewhat unsure if it is allowed or not.
>
> Could we get a clear "Yes"?

That's unlikely to happen, given that it's about programming languages, but
here's my:

"Yes, of course, naturally, it would be insanely stupid not to allow it."

The bindings are stable and there are many applications for which
python/ruby/whatever is a much better choice than C++.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi