List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding ThreadWeaver libraries to kdelibs
From:       Mirko Boehm <mirko () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-07 4:51:53

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 12:59, Frans Englich wrote:
> > I used the Weaver lib and its docs are very good, the API I used is
> > mature but I didn't do a full review.
> >
> > Examples are available.
>
> Has it had an EBN check? Has it been valgrinded for errors and leaks?
>
> But indeed, thread weaver is really interesting technology.
You guys sound like KDE 4 is going to be released tomorrow. It has been
valgrinded from time to time, of course. Even if Dirk just found a memory
leak a few days ago :-)

The API is mature enough for the uses that came up until now, which is already
quite good. Unit tests are available, and a couple of example programs as
well.

It uses cmake for building. Other than the fact that until now it uses a sane
naming scheme (provided that we are in 2006, and file systems that are case
sensitive are standard), I do not see any technical reason that should
prevent it from going in. I am fine with reverting to a 1992 MS-DOS naming
scheme as requested (excuse my sarcasm :-), if it is wanted for consistency.

As a feature, a number of people have expressed interest in having it.

--Mirko.