List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: 800x600 default (Re: [Patch] Add dmask/fmask support into media:/)
From:       George Wright <gwright () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-07 3:46:25

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 11:44, Frans Englich wrote:
> > I think we should review this for KDE 4.  800x600 is unrealistic these
> > days and doesn't reflect the reality of some of our dialogs.
>
> I blogged on this such that it's summarized for future discussions:
>
> http://englich.wordpress.com/2006/09/06/minimum-display-size-in-kde/

With the advent of high resolution PDAs I'd like to be able to run KDE on a
640x480 resolution screen.

It used to be possible, at least: http://rikkus.info/arch/mini-kde.png,
http://rikkus.info/mini-kde.html

I reckon the dialogues are too big if they don't fit on this screen resolution
anyway.

--
George Wright, http://www.gwright.org.uk
KDE Developer - http://www.kde.org