List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Ctrl+Y shortcut for redo
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-31 20:12:51

On Thursday 31 August 2006 20:33, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > Why would we want to loose a key for the KDE style just to
> > accommodate ex Windows (and mac) users?
>
> the answer is in the question; as simon has discovered it is nice for
> people who switch between the three desktops, particularly on a
> day-to-day.

Then the answer is, there is no point in losing it since these people are
better off using the windows combos anyway if they want to avoid
confusion.

I really want to avoid a repeat of konqueror where very obscure keycombos
have to be used for plugins like cervisia just because all the nice ones
are used with arguments like Simons.
Start krita and see that there already are shortcut clashes. Its very
annoying to see that 19 of the 26 normal letters are already taken by
KDE. Makes sane design of keyboard shortcuts just that much harder.

Reading back, I guess the most obvious solution is missed; both mac and
win know about ctrl-shift-z, you say? (which makes a really simple to
press triangle here), so all KDE using people can just get used to that
on those platforms, right?
--
Thomas Zander