List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: FEATURE: Forcing DPI setting for fonts
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-29 10:03:51

Am Dienstag, 29. August 2006 07:59 schrieb Germain Garand:
> Le Lundi 28 Août 2006 11:35, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> > Am Montag, 28. August 2006 01:34 schrieb Germain Garand:
> > > I'm not sure there is any portable way to get the real display DPI from
> > > Qt if the Xft.dpi setting has been tampered with ;(
> >
> > The problem is that there enough computers you can't get the real display
> > DPI even if not configured ;(
> > Because too many computers are "designed for XP" - which does not care
> > about what the monitor says.
>
> but this isn't anything new, by the way.
> Now, with distributors also changing the Xft dpi (apparently in the hope
gconf-settings-something sets the Xft dpi, so as soon as you started random
gtk app - say firefox - newer KDE apps will appear in different fonts than
the one previously started. This can be argued to be a bug, but it's a given
fact and Lubos' patch adds a configure option to make this a fixed fact.
Nothing more.

Greetings, Stephan