List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Re: kdelibs coding style?=
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2006-07-24 10:26:33

On Sunday 23 Jul 2006 13:09, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> I don't like this one either. It will be the only block that is not indented
> and if you have blocks in the cases you end up with more than closing brace
> on the same column
> exmaple:
> switch (foo) {
>
> case 0: {
> }
>
> }

A good point. With opening braces on a new line, at least there is a hint that the \
end brace may not be matched as expected, although it's still  confusing. But this \
problem is worse if trailing braces are used, since if you're quickly scanning the \
code there's no obvious opening brace to  wake you up to the possible mismatch.

--
David Jarvie.