List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New kdelibs policy starting monday
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-15 11:24:45

On Saturday 15 July 2006 13:01, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As there doesn't seem to be a real discussion going on anymore,
> I declare the new trunk/KDE policy applying starting this monday.

Finally. Thanks!

> This means:
>  - Source and binary incompatible changes are only allowed on mondays
>    (on every monday though) and porting efforts should be finished
> the same evening (that means every developer is allowed to start
> changing 8am her timezone and has to make sure trunk is compiling
> till 10pm his timezone (being around in #kde4-devel and awaiting
> people complaining might be enough).

where her timezone == his timezone? (It's okay to use "his" and "her"
interchangeably, but please don't use don't use both in the same
sentence if it refers to the same person.)

So effectively an application developer should better not check out
kdelibs between sunday 20:00 UTC (== 8am in UTC+12) and tuesday 10:00
UTC (== 10pm in UTC-12) unless he wants to help with porting trunk to
the [SB]IC changes?

Regards,
Ingo