List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: modifier-only shortcuts
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-07-07 15:12:03

On Friday 07 July 2006 14:48, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Friday 7 July 2006 14:11, Chusslove Illich wrote:
> > Bloody hell, how did nobody think of this before? Now I tried, and of
> > course it works.
>
> Heh, you didn't ask.
>
> I've had that shortcut for starting a shell for the last ~15 years.
> (starting on AmigaOs 1.3).  I can tell you I've never had a clash yet :)

And I've used it for accessing the system menu for ages. Don't know where I
picked it up, though. Windows 2.x, perhaps, or Turbo Pascal. The reflex is
ancient, used to be useful when using window managers that couldn't map
maximize to a key, but apparently is right now hiding a lot of functionality
from me. I'll unset it right now!

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi