List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CMake Questions
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-18 22:07:34

On Saturday 18 March 2006 10:22, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 18 March 2006 14:19, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 March 2006 04:36, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > Ok, I have cmake working to create the kdelibs4_snapshot Makefiles and
> > > 'make' works just fine. A couple questions:
> > >
> > >  - how to tell cmake to do the equivalent of the --enable-debug=full
> > > configure option
> >
> > cmake -DKDE4_ENABLE_FINAL="ON"
>
> Laurent, he didn't ask for enable-final, but enable-debug ;-)
>
> So, start ccmake and set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to "debug" or use
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug

I just committed a change which provides

configure option      cmake option                 gcc arguments
--enable-debug=yes   -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug     -g -O2 -fno-reorder-blocks\
                                                                  -fno-schedule-insns -fno-inline
--enable-debug=full  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull      -g3 -fno-inline
--enable-final              -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release          -O2

In other words, developers should be using cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
which compiles using -g3 -fno-inline, just like configure --enable-debug=full does

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE