List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Slows starting of downloading with KIO
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-02 12:17:57

On Monday 02 January 2006 12:55, David Faure wrote:
> Let's go back to this topic once we dig more deeply into Qt4/KDE4 hacking
> of the directory listings; we should have an item model on top of
> kdirlister, I think Pascal started this in konqueror but I didn't look into
> it yet.
Ok, didn't know Pascal started this already and didn't look into this either
yet, but I hope I'll find the time to help to develop that as well.

> For now in this thread my idea was to see the cache as a general url->item
> dictionary, which indeed might not be the case out of the box for root
> items, in which case it needs to take care of those.
Yup.

> > KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience
>
> s/Next/Current/, or s/3/4/ ;)
Better? ;-)

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 4: Beyond Your Expectations