List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Recent KACL merge in KIO 3.5
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-09-02 0:45:50

I noticed that ACL support was recently added to KIO.  Unfortunately, it
breaks building kdelibs on my system.  I was simply going to fix it but I
need help with some things. ;)

Since it's part of kdelibs, I assume that KACL must always be available to be
linked against, even if the system doesn't support POSIX ACLs.  So this would
mean that kacl.{h,cpp} must be included with appropriate #ifdefs to handle
HAVE_ACL, no?

If this isn't the case (and ACLs are only publicly exported through KFileItem)
then I can simply #ifdef the appropriate definitions in kfileitem.cpp to fix
the build I think.  But I doubt that's the case, and I don't know how to
implement KACL appropriately when ACL support is missing.

I have committed a fix for the Makefile.am though, so it's a start.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne