List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Redefining kdelibs and kdebase
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-29 9:19:42

On Sunday 28 August 2005 23:31, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> This
> inconsistency will obviously make the migration from Windows to
> Unix/Linux harder instead of making it easier because the users will
> have to be trained twice. First they have to be trained to use the
> KDE app with some Windows specific dialogs and later they will have
> to be trained to use the KDE specific dialogs. So instead of making
> migration either we make migration more difficult and more expensive.

Agreed. I think others should realzie that our dialogs are better and
use them, not us to use the others. ;-) Really, I think KDE
applications should look the same everywhere.The fact that I would like
to see GIMP, Qt Designer and others to use KFileDialog is not to get
consistency, but to get the power of our dialog.

Andras