List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Build system for KDE4
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-14 14:46:12

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 16:38, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> All this "it needs man page support", "it needs to support kdeinit", etc all come \
> down to this: "it needs to be extended easily without duplicating tons of code as \
> we don't  know what the future brings"

Right. Other features that would be nice to have (now that unsermake got us used to \
                it) :
- incremental make install (only install the files that have changed)
- make $KDEDIR/lib/libkio.la (mostly related to the one above since it's about proper \
                dependencies for target dir)
- modularity (being able to put everything that an app needs into its subdir, like we \
do with configure.in.in)

About solutions: I have a personal dislike for cmake syntax too, qmake is far too \
limited, so I thought scons was the only solution, but this boost build thing looks \
interesting.