List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Build system for KDE4
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-14 14:38:50

Am Dienstag 14 Juni 2005 15:37 schrieb Maks Orlovich:

> > > Oh, boy. See http://www.suse.de/~bastian/Export/linking.txt -
> > > basically, kdeinit is a workaround for the fact that on most UNIX ..
> >
> > Well, I know that much ;-) But how does this affect build system?
>
> It needs a convenient way to say "This is a kdeinit-using program", and have
> the build system generate the wrapper binary, a library version of a program
> and a wrapper module version of the program...

All this "it needs man page support", "it needs to support kdeinit", etc all come down
to this: "it needs to be extended easily without duplicating tons of code as we don't
know what the future brings" (in a way that allows extending by another developer
if I might add that in case someone says cmake again - but that is personal preference
showing again ;)

Greetings, Stephan