List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Future of KDE Development
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-02-18 23:22:58

Stefan Teleman wrote:

> On Friday 18 February 2005 00:43, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>
>> now i'm all curious about how big the patch set is for Solaris, and
>> what BIC changes there are. i'll be watching for the patches when
>> they start rolling in =)
>
> it's very big. it's almost impractical at this point -- noone sane
> will want to go through the hassle of applying them one by one.
>
> if you really want to take a look, they are in
> stable/3.3.1/contrib/Solaris/FORTE/9/PATCHES-3.3.1

I looked at several of these patches, and lots of them are simply fixes that
can safely be commited to cvs anyway. Things like adding a required include,
replacing QString::QString(..) by QString(..),  renaming a variable, or
#ifdef'ing out a #warning shouldn't be a problem. E.g. both patches for
korganizer are fine to commit.

Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria
email: reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/