List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: DBUS & KDE 4
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-09-30 18:59:46

On Thursday 30 September 2004 15:31, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thursday 30 of September 2004 01:23, Maks Orlovich wrote:
<snip>
>  But even with this, I'd rather learn how fontconfig works and do the
> changes, than starting kfontconfig just because I cannot get Keith Packard
> to fix the problem next week. A lot of work and testing has already gone
> into fontconfig, it works I guess, I don't care about fontconfig at all
> besides this one problem, and

> I'd feel like a complete idiot for writing
> once again something that already is there and works (indeed, every young
> developer knows they can do the best - I guess I'm not young anymore :-/ ).

No, you're just a mature engineer with integrity. The NIH syndrome is the
highest form of ego trip -- people code/write something from scratch because
it's fun, their claim to fame, or simply because they don't care to
investigate something that already exists. It's not about progress or
technical excellence, but about a big round bellybutton. I'm "quite" tired of
it too.

</rant>

Cheers,

		Frans