List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: DBUS & KDE 4
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-01 23:10:37

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 19:32, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> The fact that the dcop command line tool supports making calls to other
> users is one big hack, not a supported feature.

Me being the one who wrote it I can only agree here. I'd love to ditch it in
KDE 4, EVEN if DCOP is there to stay and we don't jump on the D-BUS
bandwagon.

That said, D-BUS offers all that I wanted when I started hacking on the
command-line dcop client and much more, so I'm obviously strongly in favour
of it.

Martijn