List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: www/areas/usability/hig
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-22 15:41:08

On Sunday 22 August 2004 14:40, Aaron Seigo wrote:
>  o reforming the UIG requires buy in from all stakeholders, which you do
> not have with your fork. i do not see how you can claim that your fork is
> "soon to become version 1.0" when you lack this consensus.

I see a need to have buy in for the _contents_ of the UIG, but the format of
the thing is really not an issue. So far everyone who has shown some concern
about the UIG seems to agree that a docbook version is better managable and
maintainable than the current version.

>  o we can't have standards when there are forks. we now have guidelines on
> both developer.kde.org and usability.kde.org and that is not only
> completely against the idea of interface STANDARDS but is beyond
> ridiculous. i look forward to seeing the (justfiable) "KDE is stupid
> because..." flames on the web as a result of this once someone actually
> notices =(

I don't think this is intended as a fork, but rather a replacement. If having
two version for a few days is causing uncontrolled chaos and confusion we
better remove the one on developer.kde.org quickly.

> seriously.... stop this. if you don't, i will simply seek other measures to
> ensure you do such as restricting your rights to commit to
> www/areas/usability

No comment.

Cheers,
Waldo