List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: aRts needs to be replaced (was Re: Disabling aRts in knotify)
From:       Stefan Gehn <sgehn () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-02-19 15:52:29

Am Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2004 13:58 schrieb Guillaume Laurent:
> - some other software backend just for the sake of it
>
> Forget features like network transparency, sound effects (and plugins in
> general), and real-time playing. These are all either useless in practice
> or not worth the hassle.
So you want a mediaplayer that has no equalizer? You don't want to set
different volumes for different apps? You don't want to save arbitrary sound
streams to your harddisk?

Even if you don't need all of the above I can assure you that there are people
out there that want/need features like that.
I'm really happy to have my system sounds a lot more quiet than my noatun,
that way it won't blast my stereo and still can hear if something happened in
background :)

Bye, Stefan aka mETz