List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt 3.2 requirement
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2003-07-29 22:04:49

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 22:50, Rob Kaper wrote:
> The question is not whether supporting multiple library versions is a good
> thing. It is.

No. Ask a user which one he prefers :

- get a better, more stable desktop in a shorter time, at the expense of
upgrading some basic libs

- get a buggier, less stable desktop in a longer time, but you won't have to
update some basic libs.

The answer is not clear cut.

> The question is whether it is worth the effort. I'd say it
> is.

On KDE HEAD ? I'd say it's a huge waste of time.

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org