On Tuesday 29 July 2003 22:50, Rob Kaper wrote: > The question is not whether supporting multiple library versions is a good > thing. It is. No. Ask a user which one he prefers : - get a better, more stable desktop in a shorter time, at the expense of upgrading some basic libs - get a buggier, less stable desktop in a longer time, but you won't have to update some basic libs. The answer is not clear cut. > The question is whether it is worth the effort. I'd say it > is. On KDE HEAD ? I'd say it's a huge waste of time. -- Guillaume. http://www.telegraph-road.org