List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs/kspell
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-06 13:47:01

On Sunday 06 April 2003 14:30, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> The second would be to move the few classes in kspell into kdeui and just
> leave libkspell.so around as a wrapper for BC.  Since kspell already
> requires kdeui, this shouldn't be a problem.  Aaron and I were talking on
> IRC last night and both liked this idea, but I don't know what the reason
> for them having been separated traditionally is.

The idea used to be that splitting up stuff in multiple libs allows you to
only link in the parts that you actually use. At the moment that does not
make much sense any more and performance wise it is probably more beneficial
to reduce the number of libraries. So I'm all in favour of moving kspell into
kdeui.

Cheers,
Waldo
--