List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KKeyChooser/KKeyDialog question
From:       Hadacek Nicolas <hadacek () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-24 6:32:50

Le Vendredi 19 Juillet 2002 18:15, David Faure a écrit :
> On Friday 19 July 2002 08:11, Hadacek Nicolas wrote:
> > Le Vendredi 28 Juin 2002 19:00, Anders Lund a écrit :

> Hmm, the idea is good, but coming up with a good API isn't easy.
> Reason: action collections are autocreated, usually.
> So developers would have to remember doing actionCollection()->setTitle(
> i18n("Editor Component") ).
>
> Ah, but here's another idea: we already know the 'parent' of the action
> collection ("Kate", "KHTML Part" etc.). It's the KInstance. And I see that
> the KActionCollection ctors know take a KInstance.
>
> Can you try if actionCollection->instance()->aboutData()->programName()
> returns the right thing in most cases ? (test all those pointers ;)

well I've done some quick tests in konqueror :
- html view: ok, there are "khtml" and "konqueror"
- file view : not ok, there are "konqueror" and "shortcuts" (the default)
- txt view : not ok but not my fault :), there is only "konqueror" and the txt
editor shortcuts are in "Configure editor..." (not a very standard place
imho)

I will commit the patch anyway tonight. It's better than nothing imho.

cu,
Nicolas